We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
2216 Troy Rd.,
Located in the Schnucks Plaza
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Phone: (618) 307-9604
Fax: (618) 307-9605
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
• NABA National Butterfly count.
• Peak of River Bluet (dragonfly) flights
• Bison mating season
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders early in the month.
• Thistle plants begin to seed; goldfinches gather thistledown for nesting material and begin nesting.
• Many species (robins, cardinals, bluebirds, etc.) may be in their second nesting.
• Mallards and Wood Ducks molt into "eclipse" plumage and are unable to fly for several weeks.
• Fall migration starts this month with shorebirds returning later in month.
• Katydids and Cicadas are in full chorus by late-month.
• Listen for the feeding screeches of young Barred and Great Horned Owls.
• Look for hummingbirds feeding on Trumpet Creeper and Jewelweed flowers.
• Many songbirds go into heavy molt.
• Great Blue Herons fledge.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.